please enable XFS in anaconda

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Fri Jul 27 02:46:26 UTC 2007

Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:05:15 -0500
>> Eric Sandeen <esandeen at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> have you tried lately?  It's always been fine on Suse...
>> Anaconda currently refuses to allow it.  I was curious if the technical
>> reason has been fixed yet or not.
>
> I'm not sure the root cause was ever quite sorted for xfs, but after
> what I found with ext3, I'm more than willing to blame generic grub
> problems. :)
>
> Hmm wonder how hard it is to spin up an anaconda that allows it, for
> testing...

Perhaps not hard for the non-livecd-install case.  But as the livecd installer
currently works by copying an ext3 image file, instead of a format and
file-level copy, that will be a bit more work.  Though in a discussion about
optimizing that process, Jeremy Katz did mention he might be looking into
implementing that, as an improvement for the case when /usr is on a separate
partition.  Which would also be what would be needed for the non-ext3 (xfs) case.

-dmc