RPM roadmapping

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Mon Jul 30 19:42:52 UTC 2007

Dnia 2007-07-27, o godz. 15:40:40 Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at redhat.com>
napisał(a):

> What always annoyed you out of your mind?
Oh, two more things!

Let RPM forget about changelogs of packages, please. Let the changelog stay in
the spec, let yum/apt handle fetching it from some special file in the
repo, but keep it from being included in the binary package header and stored
in my system's rpmdb. For some people it's really a big waste of bandwidth and
disk space.

And the last annoyance - rpm really likes to become unusable, hanging forever
(repeating futex calls) on every run, but starting to work again when I remove
those /var/lib/rpm/__db.00* files. I've seen it so many times on so many
systems that I almost think it's meant to work that way.

Lam