Package Management Blows Goats (use cases)

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 17:52:50 UTC 2007

> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:22:39 -0400
> Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > 1) The person at the computer is "responsible" for it
> > 2) Someone else is responsible
> >
> > The solution is simple - default to 1) for CDs downloaded from the
> > Fedora website.
>
> As opposed to the CDs gotten from where?  Are you suggesting that we'd
> have a different default for content elsewhere?

Certainly I can imagine someone creating the "Internet Cafe" Fedora spin
where the defaults would be different.

Perhaps even that someone would be people inside Fedora.  But that's not
what the overwhelmingly vast majority of people landing on
fedoraproject.org would want to download, and we wouldn't want to
feature it with the same prominence.