OpenSceneGraph

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Jul 1 09:25:34 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> The background behind all this:
>
> Do people consider it worth to have OSG-1 and OSG-2 packages in
> parallel?

Note I'm not an OSG user, but judging from this thread, yes that sounds like
the best solution.

> The run-time environments/packages could rather easily be made
> installable in parallel (e.g. by introducing a set of OSG-2 packages),
> but implementing this for the devel packages would be non-trivial.

If it really is a lot of pain to make them parallel installable, why not make
the -devel packages conflict each other? Its not pretty but developers should
be able to cope with that, and normal users don't need these packages.

Regards,

Hans