perl-devel will be removed from the f8 buildroots

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 16:49:28 UTC 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007 12:27:33 Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> I don't see anything wrong with a perl metapackage, perl-core.
>
> Would that be preferred to a yum group?

I have a bit of a surface loathing of metapackages.

Why is it that perl packages can't BuildRequire what they need?  Is there real
good reason why a seemingly arbitrary rule like "don't BR 'core' perl
packages" should continue to exist, especially now that there is no clear
distinction of what is 'core' and what isn't?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora