Pirut: Edit -> Repositories

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 09:37:27 UTC 2007

> I think the place to start is with writing up some use cases and then
> trying to do some mockups from there before ever writing any code.

I have a preliminary design. When it is ready I shall put it up and
let you know. Would love to have your comments then. :-)

> Then the tricky part is likely to be doing the config reading/writing in
> a way that's not lossy.  repoman actually has a good start on some of
> this, but it'd be nice to actually work towards getting that code into
> yum itself so that every tool doesn't have to re-invent those bits.

For the time being we can atleast have a GUI interface that does what
'yum --enablerepo' and 'yum --disablerepo' does, and then incorporate
the .repo file handling part gradually.

What do you think?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi