Is ext2 initrd support missing in F7 kernel?

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:23:08 UTC 2007

> Jonathan Dieter (jdieter at gmail.com) said:
> > Sweet!  So...is there any way to load a module so an initrd can be
> > loaded?  Or do I need to try rebuilding the kernel each time it comes
> > out?
>
> Why do you need to use ext2 vs initramfs?

Honestly, it's because ext2 was the format used by the script, so works
out-of-the-box.  I've been trying to get initramfs working since I saw
ext2 support was gone, but I'm running into other problems (like init as
a bash script just plain refusing to load when bash is at /bin/bash in
the initramfs).

But I do think you're right, that initramfs is the correct way to go.  I
guess I'll get to play around with it until I get it working.

Jonathan