Parallel Booting

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Wed Jul 4 02:32:33 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham <notting <at> redhat.com> writes:

> So, for all this work, we get a 0.6%-1.1% speedup. Oh, and we get
> 62 AVCs from SELinux in the process. What's the point of this again?

Yeah, not very useful it would seem...

What happened to this?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FCNewInit/xdm

Is it being worked on? (Yeah, I know - I should probably not ask questions, but
submit patches :-)

>From a desktop users' point of view, the "magic" thing is the login screen. By
the time they type in/pick the username and password, other stuff would have
already started in the background, but the "boot time" would appear shorter.
Isn't that the trick used on Windaz boxes as well?

--
Bojan