Thursday releases (was Re: Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-JUL-02)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jul 4 04:46:13 UTC 2007

On 03.07.2007 18:27, John Poelstra wrote:
> [...]
> == Fedora 8 Schedule Adjustments ==
>  * Freeze dates do not line up on the correct week days
>    * Supposed to be freezes on Tuesdays, and target the next Thursday (one week +2 days) for release

Just wondering: Why target a Thursday as release date? With the "Don't
release on Fridays, Weekends and Mondays" approach that we had in the
past (and likely still have?) we would have to slip five days if there
is a important bug found in the last minute that requires to respin and
slip one day.

CU
thl