Two competing (?) Swedish hunspell (openoffice.org) dictionaries

Per Eriksson per at erinet.se
Fri Jul 6 13:07:30 UTC 2007

Dear Caolan McNamara,

Thank you for bringing up this issue.
I am working with the marketing effort for the Swedish market in the
OpenOffice.org community, and cannot garuantee that everything i mention
is 100% true (as this is not what I normally work with).

The domain speling.org is driven by Skåne Sjælland Linux User Group and
has been a central meeting point for linguistic efforts for the nordic
countries. The effort for the different languages there has been alittle
different. Much emailing has been used, with a "digest review" kind of
way. On the Swedish side, there is no development done on speling.org.

DSSO, The big swedish dictionary is a dictionary based on a large list
of words by Tom Westerberg, that did not contain any information about
the words, it's type, inflection, compound information etc. The DSSO has
used that information as a base to work with. DSSO is today using an
intelligent web-based interface to work with, using a file format called
eXtensible Dictionary and has been developed by the DSSO owner in Perl
for the DSSO purpose.

--The source--
The source available in the XD format.
  http://hem.bredband.net/dsso1/dsso-1.22.txt
  Contains the source from DSSO, updated manually once a month.

  http://dsso.se/dsso-unstable.txt.gz
  Is updated automatically every 15 minutes from the web interface.

-- Dictionaries --
These are converted versions from XD to hunspell
http://hem.bredband.net/dsso1/sv_SE.zip

Source code used for conversion:
http://dsso.se/kallkod.tgz
(Needs Hunspell's munch)

-- Older --
http://sv.speling.org/filer/
These files are Aspell, Ispell and Myspell converted files, based on the
sol-1.3.8 (tar.gz) and (zip) files. These are old copies, and I can't
tell if they are updated or not. (Confused by Apaches version number
being present)

Hope this helps. If not, please contact off-list and I'll help.

Best Regards
Per Eriksson
Marketing Contact Sweden
OpenOffice.org