LSB init scripts and NETWORKING=no && exit 0

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Sun Jul 8 22:37:42 UTC 2007

* Steven Pritchard [08/07/2007 22:09] :

> Isn't that just supposed to be checking if networking is enabled at
> all?  If that is "no", presumably we don't even have the loopback
> interface up.

It's sourced from /etc/sysconfig/network so the question being answered
is "Does the box sysadmin want networking to be started on boot ?".

Seems a bit redundant with "chkconfig network off" to me but checking it
to see if network-related services should be started on boot sounds OK.
Probably best to check with "/etc/init.d/network status", though.

Emmanuel