http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/SecondaryArchitectures

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jul 10 16:19:34 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 10:19 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> Hi Fedorans,
>
> I've made some small changes to the SecondaryArchitectures draft.
> It has been added to the schedule for voting at FESCo this week.
>
> It can be found at :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/SecondaryArchitectures

It would be happier if you'd left the discussion on the same page,
rather than moving it to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/SecondaryArchitecturesDiscussion

I feel very strongly that allowing partially-failed builds to be shipped
without _any_ intervention from the package maintainer is a mistake.

My experience is that the majority of the time when a package fails to
build on one architecture but not others, that is actually a generic bug
which could bite on all architectures -- not an arch-specific bug. It's
just that some bugs aren't 100% reproduceable, and show up in some
circumstances and not others. We should at least _glance_ at failures.

I'm only suggesting that the packager should need to _look_ at the
failure before filing the required ExcludeArch bug and pushing a 'ship
it anyway' button. I'm not saying that we should force them to start the
build from scratch again like we do at the moment.

--
dwmw2