Tomboy for FC6 not being updated... why?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Jul 12 14:20:35 UTC 2007

> On Thursday 12 July 2007 09:43:08 Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > My understanding was that updates, both security-related and
> > non-security-related would continue for F-N until F-N+1 was released.  At
> > that point, F-N would join F-N-1 in a security-only mode until EOL.
> > People expect churn on Fedora, so stay on the bleeding edge (not so
> > bleeding as rawhide, mind you). Is that not correct?
>
> Well, since the old end of life was F-N+2 Test2, we talked about making /that/
> the security only point and the no new packages point.
Well, IMO, Fedora's purpose should be "stable while following upstream
without API/ABI breakages of existing packages".

In practice, this means "frequent updates", "adopt early", "fix
ASAP" ("fixed rawhide" and "fixed upstream" should be banned in Fedora)
on a "stable foundation (API/ABIs)".

It's one fundamental point rendering Fedora interesting. Another one
closely related to it is "exposure of user-contributed/developed
packages".

IMO, users wanting a "security-only updated" distro should probably
better choose EPEL or an even more "boring" Linux distro.

Ralf