pyGTK

Tim Lauridsen tla at rasmil.dk
Tue Jul 17 08:28:03 UTC 2007

lostson wrote:
>  Hello
>  I am currently studying python and am enjoying it quite well along the
> way. I just happen to catch the update email today that pygtk2 is
> updated today and I saw this in the email
>
>  Just about anything you can write in C with GTK+ you can write
> in Python with PyGTK (within reason), but with all the benefits of
> Python.
>
>  My main concern here is the (within reason) what exactly does this
> mean ? Should I concentrate on another language instead of python. what
> are the limitations ? Thanks for any ideas and advice.

Python and PyGTK is a great way to write GUI programs, and if you use
glade to design the gui, it all becomes very easy to code and maintain.
I think the 'within reason' mean that 99.9 % of the API in GTK+ has be
wrapped into pygtk, if you want to use the 0.1% you have to use C, i
don't think you will ever need the 0.1% anyway.

Tim