CD/DVD cataloging software

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Tue Jul 17 11:55:34 UTC 2007

Dan Horák wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have spend this weekend with looking for a software that will
> catalogue content of CDs and DVDs (I want to know what file is on which
> CD/DVD).

It sounds like a simple thing to set up:

1. MySQL database
2. perl script to read contents of CD/DVD
3. PHP to query the database.

I wrote a simple setup for this 10 years ago,
we still use it with minor modifications.

The database contains 1645 CD/DVD's with 704228
directories with 4830632 files.

What we do is:

1. read the contents of the folders to be burned
into the database. This includes an MD5 sum of each file.
2. Generate iso file
3. Burn
4. Verify (on another computer) the CD with the database.

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk