CD/DVD cataloging software

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Jul 17 16:26:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Mogens Kjaer wrote:

> Dan Horák wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have spend this weekend with looking for a software that will
>> catalogue content of CDs and DVDs (I want to know what file is on which
>> CD/DVD).
>
> It sounds like a simple thing to set up:
>
> 1. MySQL database
> 2. perl script to read contents of CD/DVD
> 3. PHP to query the database.
>
> I wrote a simple setup for this 10 years ago,
> we still use it with minor modifications.
>
> The database contains 1645 CD/DVD's with 704228
> directories with 4830632 files.
>
> What we do is:
>
> 1. read the contents of the folders to be burned
> into the database. This includes an MD5 sum of each file.
> 2. Generate iso file
> 3. Burn
> 4. Verify (on another computer) the CD with the database.

How do you recognise individual discs?  By label? By hash of the entire
disc?  Some other method?  That is the one problem I have not been able to
solve in a quick manner.

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct