Web-Interface for packages in Fedora: repoview, repowatch, something else?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Jul 20 13:54:15 UTC 2007

Le Ven 20 juillet 2007 15:26, Jesse Keating a écrit :

> I wouldn't say that.  All I'm giving is my own opinion.  One that I
> know is somewhat shared by a few people in the Infrastructure team.
> However I am not the entire team, nor do I speak for the entire team.
> All I'm doing is stating my opinions that I've developed over the
> years of dealing with java applications and hosting java services.

IMHO as soon as we get a working FLOSS JDK the various Red Hat/JBoss
Java groups need to do get together a few days with Red Hat/Fedora
distro/Infrastructure team representatives and hash up how Fedora/Red
Hat Java can be made sysadmin-friendly.

Java is a big part of Red Hat future server-side and every Red Hat
corporate customer is hitting the same problems as the Fedora
Infrastructure Team (only there are so many filters between corporate
sysadmins and Red Hat I'm not sure the problems are reported
accurately).

The alternative is not python or ruby taking over the world but many
server  apps going .Net/windows (now microsoft managed to create a
decent server stack at last).

--
Nicolas Mailhot