the most serious bug in F7 I found so far...

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 15:30:34 UTC 2007

On 7/22/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 16:02 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > It is THE most serious bug I have encontered with Fedora 7 and my
> > subjective feeling is that nobody has even looked at it and that is
> > being ignored.
>
> Welcome to open source. Maybe you can get your money back?
>
> Seriously, if you want _immediate_ response from engineering people to
> fix a specific bug then you probably ought to buy a RHEL subscription or
> some other supported vendor product.
>
> For this sort of bug you will need to debug the problem a little more,
> try to reproduce on other hardware and try to find the specific way that
> this can be reproduced. If you then approach upstream development teams
> then the issue is likely to be fixed much quicker (in my experience).
>
> Posting on a fedora-development mailing list isn't going to get things
> fixed any quicker.
>
> Richard

You didn't interpret my intention right. I don't wan't "my money back"
and I wouldn't go back to any proprietary os even if they would pay
me...

I'm just a really concerned Fedora user and this look as a really
nasty and serious but and I believe that if need some attention.

I never said that it need "immediate" attention, but please notice
when I reported a bug - it was 3 weeks ago! When I usualy report some
bug I get a response 2-3 days at most.

So this looked and still looks like nobody is looking at this but.

I wouldn't post to devel mailing-list for attention if this was some
minor bug like some others that I posted and give my feedback to (over
30 bugs or more).

But this one really needs devel attention.

Please, please, please look at it and help me to help you as I can
give you more feedback and logs regarding this but, or even access to
my machine if it is necessary. I'm willing to give you all of my help
in order to help you fix this bug.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/