CD/DVD cataloging software

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 22 15:31:55 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Are you sure you want me as a maintainer? :) I can contribute in many
> ways but I don't feel upto being a package maintainer.

The question really isn't whether I want you as a maintainer (sure, why
not?) but whether you are interested enough to do that.  That is a
pretty good way to ensure that the package you want in the repository
are there be it cdcat or anything else.

> Are there any irc/skype or any other courses on how to get the
> required knowledge and become a maintainer?

There isn't a IRC course but the above wiki link has a number of good
documentation which will help you get started. You can get on Freenode
IRC in #fedora-devel and clarify any details. Additionally submitting a
package for review will get you very good feedback from more experienced
package maintainers.

Red Hat has a online program under development that is to be made
available publicly once completed according to
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-July/msg00102.html

Rahul