NOTE: Please publicize any license changes to your packages

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Tue Jul 24 16:19:26 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 18:14 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > dark forces?
> The person @RH or the person from whatever "committee-de-jour", who is
> pushing this nonsense onto users and devs. - Give names, please.

I'm one of them. We're asking for this information in the packages b/c
we are worried about licensing version conflicts making it a problem for
us to ship certain packages linked against other ones. This was after
conversation with legal.

So, if you want, I'm one of the "Dark Forces".

WE NEED THE INFORMATION. The board has been empowered to make this
decision. Supposedly, fesco and fpc implement the decisions that the
board has made. That's why we asked for it to be addressed there.

That's how the system is supposed to work. Exactly where are the dark
forces?

-sv