NOTE: Please publicize any license changes to your packages

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 21:29:21 UTC 2007

Colin Walters wrote:

> An automatic tool which scans the actual sources included upstream
> wouldn't be difficult to write.  In fact it seems very likely to already
> exist, though I couldn't find something in a quick search.

That winds up having a lot of weird caveats -- not the least of which
being things like cdrecord, which is full of additional restrictions
(thus invalidating *something*, though it's not quite clear what.)

Basically, an automatic tool is ok for finding potential problems with
the License: line, but not very good for choosing it to start with.

--
   Peter