Re: WTF⁈ ShowOnlyIn=GNOME

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 02:05:21 UTC 2007

I didn't want to join in this argument but i feel like i have to point
out my opinion.

I personally don't like the gnome or kde menu structure at all!! both
are extremely user unfriendly and doesn't seem to experience any
changes (gnome 2.20? kde 4?? both still seem to have the unfriendly
menu).

But what i dislike most of all is that somehow you guys figured out
that have the rights to restrict us access from certain menu items
(kde programs not showing up in gnome and visa versa) i find this
kinda shocking in Fedora's behavior... and i don't want menu items to
be hidden from view in another WM. you guys _need_ to change this. and
(like pointed out before by others) if i install a gnome app on KDE
than if it adds a menu entry (some apps don't add a entry) i want it
to be seen in the menu regardless of gnome, xfce or kde or any WM.
just show the icon!! and _don't_ add things like "KDE Icons" or "Gnome
Icons" (i _will_ start complaining about them if they get in) just
sort the icons how they are supposed to be sorted and show them.

hiding my (windows) partitions icons.. (sadly) oke but hiding my
application ICONS.. no that's not good!!