Abuse of Fedora trademark

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Jul 26 12:52:46 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I was reading todays lwn and found this article:
http://lwn.net/Articles/242830/

About this piece of software:

Which is a utility to ease the install of certain software on Fedora. As you
all know I've suggested the inclusion of such a utility into Fedora, and thus I
have nothing against the idea in general, nor to call something like this
easyfedora, as its called. But this software is released under a proprietary
license (according to the webpage). To me the use of the Fedora Trademark in
combination with a proprietary license is not acceptable and a clear violation
of the Fedora trademark policies. Can those who have the power please kindly
request this person to cease and desist.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans