Frozen for Fedora 8 Test1

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Jul 27 12:39:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:33:14 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> We have frozen for Fedora 8 Test 1.  A "freeze" tag exists, 'f8-test1'
> that is a container for the packages that are destined to be in Test1
> (and rawhide until test1 is fully composed and released to mirrors).
> As per http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Overview ,
> builds from devel/ will continue to be tagged with 'dist-f8' and will
> be picked up by rawhide composes once the freeze is over.  If you feel
> you must have your build in Test1 and it isn't already tagged with
> 'f8-test1', please follow
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/DevelFreezePolicy

This doesn't match the DevelFreezePolicy page.

    Note that ignoring the freeze process can lead to your package not
    getting tagged for the freeze tag, and thus not pushed to rawhide and
    the final release.

What is the "final release" here? F8 Test1 final? Or F8 final?

Packagers must mail rel-eng and ask for a package to be tagged "f8-test1"
if they want the package to be included in F8 Test 1. But if they don't,
the package would appear in Rawhide after the freeze and hence would
enter f8-test2, and so on, and F8 final *automatically*.