RPM roadmapping

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jul 28 19:14:41 UTC 2007

On Saturday 28 July 2007, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 28.07.2007 17:01, Robert Scheck wrote:
> > Hello Kevin,
> >
> > On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >> Am I the only one who things that being able to rpm -Uvh http://....rpm
> >> is a nice feature?
> >
> > no you aren't - we're at least two guys.
>
> Well, afaics most of the other linux command line tools don't support
> such stuff

Well, I'd actually prefer if most of them did.  But (re-)implementing that
everywhere wouldn't probably make sense and not everything works with stdin
so things aren't always that easy.  Here's a slightly cleaned up version of a
helper script I've had locally to help with this for some time:

$ urlwrap.sh less -- http://scop.fedorapeople.org/scripts/urlwrap.sh
$ urlwrap.sh rpm -Uvh -- http://.../1.rpm http://.../2.rpm