KDE 4 Beta 1

Chris Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 15:14:42 UTC 2007

Hello Mark,

On 29/07/07, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Come on Fedora Packagers.. make those KDE 4 beta 1 rpm's!!
> btw.. you will have to make them because KDE 4 is planned for Fedora 8

I maintain only one fedora package and have found that a steep
learning curve - this is an entire desktop environment. so "have to"
is an interesting phrase. This depends on a variety of factors, not
least that there is no further slippage in the release schedule. KDE 4
will get into Fedora, no question, but hasty malformed packages for 8
are, IMHO, counter-productive to such an important release and if it
is delayed until 9 please be assured that is in the best interests of
both the KDE and Fedora projects.

Cheers
Chris

--