KDE 4 Beta 1

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 19:38:00 UTC 2007

On 7/29/07, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
> > Mark <markg85 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >> Come on Fedora Packagers.. make those KDE 4 beta 1 rpm's!!
> >
> > Hey, we're working on it! Give us some time, the beta isn't even
> > officially out yet!
>
> If you're impatient with the progress being made, you're certainly welcome
> to help join the effort,
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE
> :)
>
> -- Rex

Rex,

Could you give us a realistic report of KDE4 in Fedora so we don't go
getting our hopes up? I saw your report at Akademy, and I've been
hopeful ever since, but I realize that this is no trivial thing.

BTW, if KDE4 turns out to be not parallel insalltable, it might be
helpful to release a qemu image to facilitate testing.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud