RPM roadmapping

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Jul 31 07:59:22 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 15:40 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I know I'm opening up Pandoras box here but what the heck, it's Friday and
> I'm feeling slightly bored...

> Not everybody is on rpm-maint list and we'd like to hear the wishes of
> (Fedora) developers/packagers too. So: what have you always wanted to do
> with rpm, but wasn't able to? Or the other way around: what you always
> wished rpm would do for you? What always annoyed you out of your mind?

* A usable c/c++-API.
The current one is scattered with anachronisms and historic artifacts.

* Usable API docs.
The current ones don't qualify as such.

* Buildable rpm sources.
I don't know if you meanwhile cleaned up the rpm.org repo, but last time
I checked, it was not even close to be buildable.

Ralf