How to request a new review for a package of mine?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jun 1 11:58:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:26:23PM +0200, Laurent Rineau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask a new review, for the package that I have pushed to
> Rawhide. Should I open a new Review Request, in BZ, or re-open bug #199168
> (CGAL's RR)?

There is no policy on that. You may have hard time finding a reviewer
for an existing package, but you can chose whatever way you prefer (ask
on the list, continue in the previous bug, add a new bug...). People can
look at the cvs version now, so things should be simpler in any case.

> Other question: CGAL-3.3 has different sonames than previous CGAL-3.2.1. If I
> want to push CGAL-3.3 to Fedora Extras 5 and 6 and Fedora 7, should I create
> a compat-CGAL-3.2 package, knowing that no Fedora package depends on CGAL?

As far as I know, there are no policies on this in fedora, so in my opinion
this should be based on your knowledge of the package use and users and on
your best judgement. I personally don't like soname changing during a
fedora release, but I guess it depends on the maintainer.

There has been some debates on that in the past, but my recalling is
that there was no real agreement.

--
Pat