Fedora 8 Schedule

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jun 1 14:13:14 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen <mclasen <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Some more notes about this draft: it puts feature freeze in bold letters
> at August 20, which is only a few days after gnome 2.20 beta1, and is

It's good to know that some folks from the GNOME camp are also not happy with
that schedule (see also David Nielsen's message about the test3 freeze date).
One one hand, it makes me feel better because this means the schedule isn't
favoring GNOME over KDE, on the other hand it makes the schedule look even
worse, because this means it's misaligned with both the GNOME and KDE
schedules, at least one of which is central to every desktop user's experience
of Fedora.

        Kevin Kofler