Legality of Fedora in production environment

Oleg Motienko motienko at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 06:00:29 UTC 2007

Hello,

Dmitry Butskoy wrote at 2007-05-11 13:01:24 GMT:

> Our local linux distributors recommend to not download from Internet,
> but buy their box, which includes CDs accompanied with some license
> facsimile paper (just to show polices at least "something").

There is some Russian resalers who make "own" licensies special for police etc.

For example - Mandriva for 10 workstation:
http://www.linuxcenter.ru/screenshot/lc1865/1.jpg
It signed with Mezon.RU company.

So, a price of this paper (just paper, without any cd/dvd etc) is 3500
rubles (~ 100 euro). Distro box's price is 2500 rubles.

http://www.linuxcenter.ru/shop/distros/linux-distros/License_10_PC_Mandriva_Linux_PP_Plus_2007_Spring/

http://www.linuxcenter.ru/shop/distros/linux-distros/Mandriva_Linux_Powerpack_Plus_2007_Spring/

--
Regards,