Don't put new packages through updates-testing

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Jun 2 08:29:28 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 10:22:52AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Exactly, there are very good reasons why this is a SHOULD and not a MUST.
> I'm sure almost every reviewer will give a program a test run in the simple
> program case / scenarion. Why must everything by regulated with rules,
> procedures and more rules? Why can't we just TRUST each other, I'm getting
> very tired, sick even, of this!

We need rules to enforce best practices, but I can only agree with you
that during the merge there has been a lot more procedures and choices
are increasingly being removed from the maintainers hands to go to
specific groups. I think this is a very bad direction. I am not saying
that there shouldn't be a control (mainly from the rel-eng group, from
fesco for packaging issues...) but the choice should always be in the
packager hands.

--
Pat