Don't put new packages through updates-testing

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 2 09:55:04 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 14:55:37 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> Michael Schwendt wrote:

>>> That is much too vague.
>> We need to sit down and define the details more precisely if we agree
>> with the fundamental idea.
>
> Don't you fear that it would drive away reviewers?

I does raise the bar a bit on the reviewers. I fear more that we are
driving away users by the mentality around pushing packaging and waiting
for bug reports to arrive that the package is basically broken.  If we
continue along that path more we won't be left with much users.

Package maintainers or reviewers obviously don't love freeze or QA
policies but it is a necessary evil if we are focusing on serving end
users with robust software.

Rahul