Broken deps in Fedora 7

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 2 14:36:07 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 02 June 2007 10:22:28 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> I don't see how breaking all these dependencies without even any
>> announcement to fedora-maintainers to notify other package maintainers
>> depending on Firefox in the absence of build system taking of it
>> automatically is a good thing.
>
> And where did you see me say that this was a good thing?  Please stop putting
> bad intentions in my mouth.

Where did I say that you said it was a good thing? I said I don't see
how this could be a good thing.

As I stated before we're still working on the
> dep checking part of bodhi and there is room for improvement within koji to
> alert maintainers when a new build will break deps of other builds.

That would be helpful if it stops pushing updates when they break
dependencies in addition to notifying all the relevant maintainers not
just of the package but also package maintainers who depend on that
package. In the specific case of the Firefox didn't the maintainer know
that that new update was breaking dependencies?

Rahul