http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/7 ?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jun 2 15:11:46 UTC 2007

On Saturday 02 June 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 02 June 2007 07:48:26 Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > I don't think we can define __arch_install_post automatically (ie. "claim
> > ownership of the macro") for all systems.  If the system already had
> > __arch_install_post set to something in let's say /etc/rpm/macros, what
> > happens?  What about ~/.rpmmacros?
>
> These override the redhat-rpm-macros don't they?  I'm not sure of the
> preference order.

Neither am I, especially in the case if we include this stuff and enable it by
default in a rpmdevtools subpackage.  It would probably have to happen by
dropping a let's say /etc/rpm/macros.rpmdevtools file; would that override
something set in /etc/rpm/macros or vice versa?

Anyway I guess setting it in redhat-rpm-config's defaults would be the safest
way to do it.  That would mean that the scripts [0] in question would be also
better included in it instead of in a rpmdevtools subpackage.

[0] In addition to check-buildroot, check-rpaths would be nice to have there.