Change to U.T.C. based release times

Benjamin Lewis ben.lewis at benl.co.uk
Sat Jun 2 19:26:37 UTC 2007

Hi all.

A small-ish proposal, but one which would affect everyone - I propose
moving from a release time based on Eastern time, and hence affected by
D.S.T., to one based on U.T.C. - to this end I propose changing to 13:00
UTC - which is 10:00 EST and 11:00 EDT (those times may well be wrong,
but you get the idea! :)). My rationale for this is that it can get just
a little confusing trying to tell people the time of a release when its
been thrown by an hour due to D.S.T.

All thoughts (and corrections to the numbers, most probably) welcome.

--

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador
ben.lewis at benl.co.uk

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118