Don't put new packages through updates-testing

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Sat Jun 2 22:03:27 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 23:47 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > > There's only admin access afaik. But as the Extras signers are being
> > > obsoleted with the new rel-eng group, things are shifting away from the
> > > community here, too.
> >
> > I don't agree with you on this statement, since there are non-redhat
> > employees (I'm assuming this is what you mean by the statement about
> > shifting away from the community) on it.  Also, folks that are
> > interested in joining are encouraged to contact them.
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering
>
> Moot. 2/7. Rex is only there because there are big expectations with
> regard to him leading the KDE efforts. Remains Josh as the only one from
> the community. However, the page does not comment on repository management
> at all.

rel-eng doesn't equal CVS admin.  They are separate groups that have
some overlapping members.  CVS admins are Dennis, myself, Warren, Jens,
Spot, Jason, Kevin, Bill, Jeremy, and Jesse.  There might be some others
I'm unaware of.  So for CVS admin stuff, that's 4 non-Red Hat, 6 Red
Hat.

I intentionally avoid the term "community" because as Toshio has said,
we need to start becoming one again.

josh