Change to U.T.C. based release times

Benjamin Lewis ben.lewis at benl.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 13:30:02 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 02 June 2007 15:44:07 Benjamin Lewis wrote:
>
>> It is the fact that, due to D.S.T., there are _two_ U.T.C. times that
>> bothers me, hence imho we should move to an U.T.C. based time.
>> And no, I don't think you missed any.
>>

> By doing that it means we jitter the time for every place that does DST, not a
> good tradeoff IMHO.  The time is going to change, either the UTC reference
> time or your local time.
I understand that, but imho local jitter is better than global jitter.
Just about everyone knows their offset from UTC, DST or no DST. I know
the wiki has the infomation regarding the UTC times from Eastern, but
very often this isn't what people - me included - are told when they
ask. If I was given an UTC time then there would have been _no_ confusion.

--

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador
ben.lewis at benl.co.uk

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118