The community has lost control... (Was: Re: Don't put new packages through updates-testing)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jun 3 13:41:15 UTC 2007

On Sunday 03 June 2007 09:27:50 Hans de Goede wrote:
> Thats not entirely fair. There is a loots of traffic on the maintainers /
> developer lists and much of the needed information is hidden deep down in
> subject wise only semi or irrelevant threads. There have been little clear
> announcements of changes, and when they were there the info was far from
> complete.

Every new procedure that I initiated I tried my best to start a new thread
with a clear subject on the matter.  I see the same things from others, such
as "Pushing updates for Fedora 7" thread.  This is probably one of the most
maddening thing lately, so much complaint about communication with no
suggestions on how to make it better.

> As for the wiki that is currently very much out of sync with how things are
> done in the merged world / out of sync with reality.

And you expect us to change it how?  For god sakes if you run into a page that
is inaccurate, point it out to somebody, hopefully the person who made it
inaccurate by introducing a new policy.  Maybe we need a tracker page
of 'inaccurate pages'.  Don't just expect them to be fixed automagically,
point it out to somebody, change it yourself, do something.  Don't just grow
more and more frustrated finally bitching about it generically on a list in
the middle of a long thread.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora