PR: thunderbird-enigmail, building own thunderbird inside?

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Sun Jun 3 18:22:10 UTC 2007

Remi Collet wrote:
> Result of my research before submitting this.
>
> Mandriva : 1 SRPMS = 3 RPMS
> mozilla-thunderbird (without langpack)=>
>   + mozilla-thunderbird
>   + mozilla-thunderbird-devel
>   + mozilla-thunderbird-enigmail
>
> OpenSuse : 1 SRPMS = 1 RPMS
> MozillaThunderbird => MozillaThunderbird (thunderbird + enigmail)

And I know that both of these approaches have been frowned upon by
upstream.  What people really ought to do if they want enigmail into
Thunderbird is to knock the developers on the head with something and
get them to address the code issues that the thunderbird guys have so we
can just commit the damn thing into Thunderbird proper.