Don't put new packages through updates-testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 15:51:05 UTC 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 11:41:55 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Sorry to bother, but I'd like to understand this.
>
> Wouldn't we even with a distributed SCM have a kind of "master repo" on
> a central server [with backups ;-) ] somewhere? I would further assume
> that for "important" packages only the maintainers and some other
> important people can pull in changes into that master repo? Thus there
> would be ACLs on "that master repo" as well?
>
> Or am I missing something fundamental here?

With a distributed SCM, all David Woodhouse would have to do would be say 'git
pull' to update his local clone to the upstream module, filtering in the
upstream changes with his downstream changes.  He wouldn't _have_ to track
his changes in the upstream repo, he could track it in any repo he wanted to
since a clone of a distributed SCM is a standalone repo itself.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora