Unwanted RPM dependencies

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 16:30:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 03:37 -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
>  - mkinitrd depends on lvm2 and dmraid.  Both could easily
>    be made optional.

You most probably don't need mkinitrd on OLPC as the kernel got all the
drivers built-in and IIRC OLPC don't even use the initrd (when I was
working on it, it didn't). So you could have some OLPC specific package
that provides mkinitrd and symlinks /sbin/mkinitrd -> /bin/true or
something.

>  - hal depends on cryptsetup-luks (containing bulky 1.2MB
>    static binary in /sbin)

Probably cryptsetup doesn't need to be linked statically anymore; Peter
Jones would know. Either way, if you don't expose LUKS encrypted stuff
in the UI I guess you can just drop the cryptsetup dep from hal since it
will gracefully recover and just throw and error if Crypto.Setup() is
called.

      David