fedora for ARM

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Mon Jun 4 18:01:57 UTC 2007

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 12:23:18PM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
>>>  What upstream?
>>
>> The upstream of the various projects (eg the kernel).
>
> I could be wrong here, but I seem to recall very very vaguely that
> the upstream kernel was also going into the direction of dropping
> sparc32?

  Sort of.  There's no kernel maintainer for sparc32 anymore.  The code's
still there, it just suffers bit-rot over time (aside from when davem is
nice and fixes bugs there, which isn't his role).  Which was my point;
there isn't really an active upstream for sparc32 for us to track.
  People having an issue with this fact are welcome to contribute their
time to keeping sparc32 alive.  I've been one of the strongest proponents,
and even I can accept when I'm fighting a losing battle. :-(

      Jima