CDs from DVD with Pungi almost works

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Tue Jun 5 03:50:11 UTC 2007

Because of the requests on fedora-list for CDs for F7, I'm trying to get
Pungi to create CDs from the DVD, and I think it almost works.  I'll need
some help if I'm to get it to work.

My basic procedure is to make a Pungi config file and a yum.conf that will
use the loopback-mounted DVD ISO file as the source of packages and other
info.  That seems to work.

The DVD repodata was not suitable because the "media:" URLs weren't
understood, so I used createrepo to make new repodata and pointed the
yum.conf to it.  Is there a way to use the DVD's repodata?  Do I need to
monkey-patch urlopen()?

The DVD's comps.xml does not include all the packages on the DVD.  19 are
omitted, including anaconda-runtime, which causes buildinstall to fail (?).
In any event, at "Building images...", upd-instroot, mk-images, and
makestamp.py were missing, and later ".discinfo doesn't exist in the
unified tree, not splitting".  Should those 19 packages have been in
comps.xml?  Is there some way to add them to the process without writing a
comps.xml?