fedora for ARM

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Jun 6 08:36:34 UTC 2007

Andy Green wrote:

>> But .. could it be that you are not having redhat-rpm-config installed?
>> At least on FC6 it screws up --target, produces invalid *debuginfo*.rpm
>> for foreign object formats and many other details.
>
> No it's installed, but --target works... well it works as far as setting
> %{_target_cpu} goes which is pretty much all I ask of it.  Note you seem
> to need to give an arch-dist-os triplet like this

Just to be a bit clearer, I have a single ~/.rpmmacros with everything
that cares about the arch using %{_target_cpu} ...

%packager Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com>
%vendor Octotux (http://octotux.org)
%_signature gpg
%_gpg_name Octotux Packaging
%_gpg_path ~/.gnupg
%_topdir /projects/octotux/packages/rpm
%crosspath /opt/%{_target_cpu}/bin
%develfilesystem %{_topdir}/devel-filesystem-%{_target_cpu}
%__strip %crosspath/%{_target_cpu}-linux-strip
%__objdump %crosspath/%{_target_cpu}-linux-objdump
%__patch            /usr/bin/patch -f
%_use_internal_dependency_generator     0

I guess the debuginfo problem you saw was because you did not override
%__strip, defnitely debuginfo rpms are generated and work fine on arm
with gdb.

-Andy