Upcoming FESCo Election

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:23:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 15:40 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Brian Pepple said the following on 05/31/2007 09:03 AM Pacific Time:
> > Hi All!
> >
> > It's that time of year again.  Everyone that wants to be in the next
> > FESCo needs to nominate him/herself for it by June 12, 2007 0:00 UTC;
> > that self-nomination should contain some information's like "Mission
> > Statement, Past work summary and Future plans".
> >
> > Please place your nomination on this page in the wiki:
> > http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Nominations
> >
> > The actual election will start on Thursday, June 14, 2007 0:01 UTC and
> > will last until Sunday, June 24, 2007 23:59 UTC. The results will be
> > posted to the fedora-devel list. The first meeting of the "new" FESCo
> > will be on Thursday, July 05, 2007 on #fedora-meeting at 17:00 UTC. A
> > new chair will be elected there by the new members.
> >
> > For more information regarding the election, please refer to this:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Policy/FESCoElections
> >

> > Thanks,
> > /B
> >

> Forgive me if I am wrong, but I cannot find any information on the wiki that explains *exactly* what FESCO does or what it is responsible for.  Thus, I'm not sure whether it is something I or other people would want to become involved with.
>
> Can someone provide a URL or add a new wiki page?

ATM, FESCo kind of fields any problem that is bigger than an individual
package/packager and not seen as something that the board should handle.

They delegate some of the decision making to other groups -- Releng and
the Packaging Committee coming to mind immediately.
work.

This is a very loose idea of what's going on because who owns what is
not very well defined at the moment.   Max and the Board are working on
something to better separate the responsibilities of the Board and
FESCo.

-Toshio