fedora for ARM

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Thu Jun 7 22:24:03 UTC 2007

Brendan Conoboy <blc at redhat.com> writes:

> Indeed- if you can simply cross build the packages at the top of the
> dependency tree (kernel, libc, coreutils, init, bash/sh), you are in
> much better shape.  What's more, they are typically very cross
> friendly.

Are they? First you need a cross-gcc, you can't build it without libc
or magic tricks like -Dinhibit_libc. For big-endian ARM, you have to
modify gcc because otherwise it won't generate normal (non-kernel) BE
code (you need BE gcc lib, but I don't recomment multilib BE/LE gcc
either).

bash... can you cross-compile bash at all? Not sure about current
situation (my box can run ARM programs as well and configure thinks
it's native) but ~ 2 years ago it was impossible without much
handcraft.
--
Krzysztof Halasa