Future SCM Technology

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jun 7 23:38:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 07:18:22PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 07 June 2007 17:19:29 Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Try
> >
> > man hg | egrep -2 '(rename|-f)'
>
> What version of hg are you playing with?

# rpm -q mercurial
mercurial-0.9.3-1.fc6

>  The hg in rawhide for rename -f has:
>
>              -f, --force    forcibly copy over an existing managed file
>
> which is really not follow.  0.9.3 is the latest in rawhide, perhaps we need a
> version bump.

I don't think that will be much different than what FC6 currently
ships - just try the man hg | egrep line above. The option -f/--follow
is an option to hg log, hg grep etc, not hg rename.

E.g. the "following" is not something you need to tell hg at node
forking time (copy/rename), that happens automatically. It is only at
retrospective querying that the propagations by default stop at copy
operation/renames that you can change by using -f/--follow.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net