f7 images for mass production

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 19:18:05 UTC 2007

Jack Tanner wrote:
> +1 to new updates.img and new kernel and known security updates. No QA
> other than "did it compose and boot."
>
> We're also missing a bit of context here -- who/how/when is going to be
> receiving these burned discs? If the intended audience includes folks
> who have low bandwidth, including a couple of updates is especially
> considerate.

If we do make any change to the spin that goes on the media, we should
stick to two key rules:

1) FIX ONLY INSTALL and nasty network issues like e1000.  This means
anaconda, kernel and possibly others.
2) DO NOT BREAK INSTALL, this means exclude security fixes.  They are
unrelated to install or kernel issues.  We cannot easily verify that a
tree will properly upgrade or install in all scenarios especially if we
pull in arbitrary changes unrelated to #1.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com