updates-testing is not useful

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jun 9 16:25:31 UTC 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007 10:11:42 Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Can we implement some sort of auto-signing-and-pushing mechanism for
> _testing_ packages at least?  I do see the value in having a human make
> a decision for the final repository, but am having a hard time coming up
> with a good reason for -testing.

Updates-testing wouldn't be useful then either as we could have all kinds of
broken deps in the repo (not that we can stop it right now, but that is being
worked on).

We're working toward the point where we can have people in most timezones
capable of pushing updates, so that you don't have to wait very long and we
can easily to multiple pushes in a day.  This will require a signing server
which some of us are going to work on, but it won't show up tomorrow.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora